Secular Pro-Life Reading List
A self-described progressive atheist recently wrote us: “I’d like to understand the secular case against abortion. I already know the ‘biblical case.’ Is there a book I could read?”
Here is a working list. Please note we have not personally read all of these, but others have recommended them as secular arguments either specifically against abortion or generally in support of the biological humanity of embryos. If you have books or essays to add to the list, contact us and let us know.
- Embryo: A Defense of Human Life – Robert George
- The Ethics of Abortion – Christopher Kaczor
- Defending Life – Francis Beckwith
- Persons, Moral Worth, and Embryos – Stephen Napier
- The Stem Cell Epistles – Michael Buratovich
- Human Embryos, Human Beings – Maureen Condic
- Agency, Pregnancy and Persons: Essays in Defense of Human Life – Colgrove, Blackshaw, Rodger (see a summary of one such essay here)
- Abortion and Unborn Human Life – Patrick Lee
- Persuasive Pro-Life – Trent Horn
- Why Abortion Is Immoral – Don Marquis
- I Was Once a Fetus – Alexander Pruss
- Human embryos in the original position? – Russell DiSilvestro
- Embryos and Metapysical Personhood – Kristina Artuković
- In Defense of Speciesism – Michael Wreen
- Is Speciesism like Racism and Sexism? – Mathew Lu
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!