A Secular Case Against Abortion
To schedule a virtual or in-person presentation of A Secular Case Against Abortion, please contact us.
In this 60 minute presentation, Secular Pro-Life Executive Director Monica Snyder gives an overview of a secular position against abortion, addressing questions such as:
- Do bodily rights justify abortion?
- Are embryos and fetuses human beings?
- Are embryos and fetuses morally valuable people?
The presentation includes discussions of common pro-choice objections to both embryonic biological humanity and philosophical personhood, as well as a brief overview of bodily rights in the context of past court decisions.
Read related Secular Pro-Life pieces:
- The zygote is the beginning of the human life cycle: everyday examples
- On miscarriage: Nearly half of all fertilized eggs fail to implant (en español aquí)
- A Primer on Fetal Personhood and Consciousness (en español aquí)
- McFall v. Shimp and Thomson’s violinist don’t justify the vast majority of abortions. (en español aquí)
- Abortion isn’t just about ending a pregnancy; it’s about killing a fetus.
- See the Biology, Personhood, and Bodily Rights sections of our Abortion Debate Index
Below is the introduction from the inaugural A Secular Case Against Abortion presentation: