The Overlooked Findings of the Turnaway Study
To schedule a virtual or in-person presentation of The Overlooked Findings of the Turnaway Study, please contact us.
In this 45 minute presentation, Secular Pro-Life Executive Director Monica Snyder analyzes which findings from the landmark Turnaway Study get a lot of media coverage–and which do not.
The Turnaway study compares the outcomes of two groups–women who abort, and women who are denied abortion–over approximately five years. This SPL presentation takes a closer look at the following:
- Emotions about abortion or abortion denial
- Economic outcomes
- Maternal bonding
Monica explains how findings that support abortion rights get far more attention than findings that do not, and what this means for the pro-life response to the Turnaway Study.
Read the related Secular Pro-Life pieces:
- The Overlooked Findings of the Turnaway Study
- Five years later, 96% of women denied abortion no longer wish they could have had one. (Turnaway Study)
- 5 reasons to talk about women who don’t regret being denied abortion
- When women can’t get abortions, what happens to the children they birth?
- Abortion Debate Index: Turnaway Study
Additionally, here is a brief video discussing economic outcomes: