Religion (or lack thereof)
Secular Pro-Life is run by three atheist women with significant help from atheist and agnostic volunteers. Part of our mission is to hold space in the pro-life movement for atheists, agnostics, and other non-religious people who are against abortion.
Another part of our mission is to strengthen the pro-life movement through interfaith coalition building. Among our followers and supporters are Catholics tired of having their arguments against abortion dismissed as merely “imposing religion,” Protestants interested in more diverse pro-life outreach, and members of a variety of religions who feel mismatched with overtly Christian pro-life organizations. You’re welcome here. Anyone interested in advancing secular arguments against abortion is welcome here. We want to see pro-lifers of any faith and no faith unite in defense of prenatal children.
- The Imago Dei, or “Why should secularists care about human life?” (en español aquí)
- Statistics demonstrating you don’t have to be religious to be pro-life
- “Where do atheists think human rights come from?”
- Everyone Welcome: 10 Ways To Be Inclusive
- The pro-life movement belongs to all of us
- Christopher Hitchens wound up opposing abortion choice