Today’s the day! At 9pm Eastern (6pm Pacific), join us as we celebrate the 44th anniversary of the Hyde Amendment and honor the lives and voices of Medicaid kids. If you have not yet registered, there’s still time! We also plan to make the live stream available on our Facebook page. (Don’t worry if tonight is inconvenient; a recording will be published on OutOfHyding.com after the fact.)
We have some terrific speakers lined up:
- The incomparable Terrisa Bukovinac will be the emcee. Terrisa is a pro-life atheist and longtime SPL volunteer. She is also the president of Pro-Life San Francisco and serves on the boards of several other organizations. We’re not sure when she sleeps.
- Gina Mallica has a unique story to tell. She came to the United States as a Cuban refugee while still in her mother’s womb. Gina says: “It is disheartening to hear people say that Uncle Sam should subsidize abortions for people conceived in hard circumstances like mine. That is not the American dream my parents pursued.”
- Kelsey Hazzard is the founder and president of Secular Pro-Life. She is also a lawyer. Kelsey will educate us on the legal history of the Hyde Amendment.
- Georgia Gallagher is a Medicaid kid, Disney lover, and past president of Bama Students for Life. She earned a degree in journalism and political science. Georgia says: “This push to repeal the Hyde Amendment sends a clear message: low-income children are better off dead. When Democratic politicians talk about ending the Hyde Amendment, they’re talking about me, and the potential that my life had 22 years ago.”
- Valeria Lopez is a proud Medicaid mom, Latina, and pro-life advocate. She will share what the Hyde Amendment means to her.
- Dr. Michael New is a Visiting Assistant Professor of Political Science and Social Research at The Catholic University of America, as well as an Associate Scholar at the Charlotte Lozier Institute. His research focuses on the impact of state and federal policies on abortion rates. He estimates that 2,409,311 Americans are alive today thanks to the Hyde Amendment.
Taxpayer funds should not be used to kill low-income babies in the womb. The corrupt abortion industry does not deserve a government bailout. Come out of Hyding tonight and help us secure Hyde Amendment protections for the next generation!