In the wake of Dobbs, pro-abortion disinformation was rampant. In addition to the usual lies about the reasons for late abortions (no, they aren’t all medically necessary!) and when life begins (not a mystery!), all sorts of new rumors took hold. Secular Pro-Life was there to set the record straight. Without further ado, the most-read articles on the Secular Pro-Life blog in 2022 are…
10. My appointment for an abortion at 28 weeks — Our executive director Monica Snyder and her unborn daughter Ruby went undercover at a third-trimester abortion center. Clinic staff asked few questions, were prepared to kill Ruby in a purely elective abortion, and told Monica she couldn’t speak to the abortion doctor without first taking Xanax! Monica caught all of it on video.
9. I’m an emergency physician. Pro-life laws don’t threaten my patients — The Biden administration tried, and failed, to twist the Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) in support of elective abortion.
8. Responding to Jane’s Revenge and their criminal temper tantrum — Abortion advocates became militant after Dobbs, attacking pregnancy resource centers that prevent abortions by offering authentic support to mothers in need.
7. Treatment for Ectopic Pregnancy is Not Abortion — Ectopic pregnancy is a tragic and frightening situation, making it a prime candidate for pro-abortion scare tactics. Thankfully, no pro-life laws prohibit treatment for ectopic pregnancies.
6. How and Why Lauren Handy Obtained Abortion Victims’ Remains — Lauren Handy recovered 115 prenatal bodies from a medical waste truck, including five children who appear to have died in the third trimester, launching the #JusticeForTheFive movement.
5. ACOG has spoken: 13 phrases we no longer are supposed to use regarding abortion — Yeah, we’re not going to self-censor to help ACOG sanitize the dismemberment of babies in the womb. Sorry not sorry.
4. Secular Pro-Life VP Imprisoned for Rescuing Babies — “Secular Pro-Life condemns the unjust system that imprisons peaceful pro-life advocates, while allowing abortionists to dismember unborn babies with impunity. We honor Terrisa’s bold, life-saving sacrifice.”
3. No, Missouri is not outlawing treatment for ectopic pregnancy — Again with the scare tactics! This law prevented distributing abortion drugs in the mail, while noting that those drugs are especially dangerous for women facing an ectopic pregnancy.
2. Guardian article “What a pregnancy actually looks like” erases embryos — A journalist at the pro-abortion Guardian newspaper tried to pass off bleached, unrecognizable tissue as abortion victim remains. Even pro-choicers were embarrassed by this attempt to deny prenatal development. The Guardian faced a social media swarm of women who had miscarried in the first trimester and seen their babies’ bodies, complete with faces, fingers, and toes.
And the top article of the year by far:
1. Responding to 16 pro-choice claims about Dobbs, the pro-life movement, and abortion bans — Bookmark this comprehensive resource!