https://secularprolife.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/SecularProlife2.png 0 0 Kelsey Hazzard https://secularprolife.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/SecularProlife2.png Kelsey Hazzard2013-01-01 15:16:002021-11-08 12:39:04Ringing in the new year
Ringing in the new year
2013 is shaping up to be a big year for Secular Pro-Life, and for the pro-life movement in general.
- Later this month, pro-lifers will mark the fortieth anniversary of Roe v. Wade. This is a mournful time, but we will use it to connect with one another, get re-energized, and continue saving as many lives as we can. We welcome you to join us at the Walk for Life in San Francisco and the March for Life in Washington, D.C.
- Secular Pro-Life is beginning to receive speaking requests for the spring semester. We will keep you informed of these as they’re confirmed. If you would like to host a Secular Pro-Life speaker, please email email@example.com.
- In the United States, much of the Affordable Care Act will be implemented this year. There has been a protracted debate between the liberal and conservative elements of the pro-life movement over whether or not the ACA will act as an abortion funding stream; 2013 should definitively answer that question.
- Americans United for Life predicts continued progress on state legislation in 2013.
- In recent years, abortion numbers have declined and pro-life opinion has increased. We are optimistic that these trends will continue in 2013.
What are you looking forward to in 2013?
"There has been a protracted debate between the liberal and conservative
elements of the pro-life movement over whether or not the ACA will act
as an abortion funding stream…"
The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act explicitly allows federal funding for "…abortions for which the expenditure of Federal funds appropriated for the Department of Health and Human Services is permitted, based on the law as in effect as of the date that is 6 months before the beginning of the plan year involved." Therefore, as long as the Hyde Amendment includes exceptions for rape and incest, the PPACA will definitely act as an abortion funding stream. The Stupak-Pitts Amendment was even worse with respect to abortion in cases of rape and incest because it would have kept federal funding for abortion even if the Hyde Amendment exceptions were removed.
Looking forward to laughing more at an organization founded by a Christian to advance Christian causes under a Secular Humanist guise.
A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to the comedians at SPL!