Building the Post-Roe Future
Secular Pro-Life is proud to join a broad coalition of organizations that have signed a visionary statement for building the post-Roe future. In the Dobbs era, we affirm our commitment to serving families in need—not only through individual charity, but also through public policy. The key priorities are:
- Accessible and affordable healthcare for parents and children—including expanding Medicaid funding for prenatal care, delivery, and postpartum expenses—to reduce the financial barriers to welcoming a new child;
- Expanded child tax credits that promote family formation and lift children out of poverty;
- Paid parental leave that ensures every infant can receive the close attention and nurturing care they need from their mothers and fathers in the early months of life;
- Flexible work hours to enable families to establish a tranquil home life, with predictable work schedules and better options for meaningful part-time employment;
- Affordable childcare options that support working parents, without disincentivizing the choice to raise young children at home that many families say they would prefer;
- Fully enforce existing prenatal child support laws while seeking effective new ways to demand that all men take responsibility for children they father.
The statement was drafted in part by our friends at Equal Rights Institute, with input from pro-life advocates of various religious and political persuasions. Although Secular Pro-Life signed on to the statement quite a while ago, it was not publicized until earlier this month, when it received coverage in the New York Times and Newsweek. You can read the full statement, and sign your own name, at PostRoeFuture.com.
[Photo credit: Rehumanize International]