https://secularprolife.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/SecularProlife2.png 0 0 Kelsey Hazzard https://secularprolife.org/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/SecularProlife2.png Kelsey Hazzard2016-01-27 12:36:002021-11-08 12:23:47National Right to Life report: pro-life movement on the right track
National Right to Life report: pro-life movement on the right track
Two weeks ago, National Right to Life issued a new report, The State of Abortion in the United States. The news cycle was quickly dominated by a lot of other things (hello, snowstorm) and I want to make sure you didn’t miss it; better late than never. Here are a few highlights:
- Abortion rates are plummeting in almost all states and in every age group, but especially among women under 25.
- Although chemical abortion methods are becoming more popular, “curretage” procedures that dismember the embryo or fetus remain the most common method by far.
- “Safe and legal” abortion has killed at least 58,586,256 unborn babies and 424 mothers since Roe v. Wade.
- A full analysis of Planned Parenthood’s most recent annual report
- Polls asking whether people identify themselves as “pro-life” or “pro-choice” have yielded inconsistent results. But polls soliciting specific policy preferences are more useful: they have repeatedly shown that a strong majority of Americans opposes current abortion policy and wants significant protections for unborn children. For instance, while Congress can’t manage to pass legislation protecting babies at twenty weeks, the vast majority of Americans want to protect babies after just twelve weeks. There is also strong support for banning abortion except when necessary to save the life of the mother and/or in cases of rape and incest.
- A full analysis of federal and state abortion legislation
This is a great resource and I hope you’ll take the time to read the entire report.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!